Hello Everyone!
I didn't have anything current to post so I decided to show pictures of cakes I've made over the past 4 1/2 years. I am not a professional, have never been paid for a cake, have never taken classes (although I probably should), and don't claim to be great at it. But I do claim a passion for cake. I once read a book in which the author said something like, "I don't trust people who don't eat cake. People who don't eat cake have forgotten the meaning of joy".
Sometimes I agree with her.
There are so many reasons why I like decorating cakes but I think it's mostly the challenge of having a vision in my head and carrying out that vision in buttercream (mmmmmm, buttercream). More often than not the reality falls short of the vision but, once in awhile, a cake turns out EXACTLY as I'd hoped. I can live on that feeling for weeks! So, I hope you enjoy taking a look at these photos. For those of you who actually helped eat them, I hope they remind you of the times we've shared. For the rest of you, I hope they remind you of the meaning of joy on this bleak, wintry day.
No comments:
Post a Comment