Sylvie turns 7!!!
And a cooler 7 year-old you'll never see!

We went home this weekend and I took this cake (unassembled, of course) for Sylvie's party which had a Hannah Montana theme. I really didn't know much about the show so I watched an episode or two and Googled images to come up with something to guide the "design" of this cake. I didn't get much to work from, but I knew that my sister Kelly had purchased the doll and I found the working mini disco ball so we were able to put together something that went with the theme of the party. I think Sylvie really loved her cake and that's all that matters to me. The rotating disco ball gave the design some visual interest and made up for the lack of color, I think. The HM doll sings when you poke her in the belly, so there was actually a lot going on here even though the picture depicts a rather plain cake. We had a wonderful time. Thanks Slussers!
No comments:
Post a Comment