Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Begins

On the first Monday after school let out, Peggy and I took the kids home to my Mom's house. We had a great time despite the rain and I hope we can make it back there again. Maybe next time we'll take the Dads.
Noah's Park -- a recent addition to my Mom's church.

Evie, instead of napping, was busy pouring marbles in her bed.
She also kept herself busy with a magic marker.
My Mom's lovely new hardwood floors took a hit, I'm afraid to say.

After 3 days of rain, we were running out of things to do. Mom had given Peggy a gingerbread house kit and so we put them to work. They ate more of the candy than they put on the house.

Finally! A break in the weather!
We made it out to Douthat State Park and had a great time.




After we left the park, we stopped by the Buckhorn and had some icecream.

No comments: