Friday, May 25, 2007

Lilly graduated!!
Actually, they don't call it a graduation at Lilly's school, but the children did have a closing ceremony today that was so touching that Steve and I had to admit to becoming a bit verklempt. Lilly took the whole thing very seriously as you will see in the photos once I have them developed. After the ceremony, the children and parents joined the teachers for a cookie-and-lemonade reception under the picnic shelter which was a nice way to close the year. I helped supply half of the refreshments (the cookies) and did a little extra baking to add a special touch to the day. Yesterday was a long day of baking and cleaning...baking and cleaning...baking and cleaning, but I think the results were worth it.
I made mini 3-tiered cakes for the teachers and director.
These ready-to-eat treats come with a fork so there's no waiting!

1 comment:

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

Congratulations to Lilly!

And the cookies are gorgeous...

Clair